The Environmental Operators Certification Program (EOCP)
The EOCP evolved in British Columbia from a handful of wastewater treatment plant operators who began the Program in 1966. Since then, the Program has grown along with similar programs throughout North America to include over 3,500 British Columbia and Yukon operators of:
- water distribution (WD)
- water treatment (WT)
- wastewater collection (WWC)
- municipal wastewater treatment (MWWT)
- industrial wastewater treatment (IWWT)
- small water systems (SWS), and
- small wastewater systems (SWWS).
The EOCP’s objective is to protect human health, the environment, and the investment in facilities through increased knowledge, skill and proficiency of the members of the Program in all matters relating to water treatment and distribution and wastewater collection, treatment, and disposal.